It takes 5 simple steps to start monetizing:
- Sign up, register your media and get your Media Id
- Download our SDK
- Add the Library to your project
- AndroidManifest: add the required permission, the media id and the fullscreenActivity (if using fullscreen or video ads)
- Implement the Native Button code
- Sign up through our home page
- On the bottom of the Monetization page, click on 'Add Android App'
- You'll now find your app on Monetization page. Get your Media ID there, we'll use it in a minute:
Requirements: Android 2.1 (API level 7) or higher. Rich ads are supported only for API level 11 or higher. Video and Rewarded Video ads require Android version higher than 4.1.X.
- Unzip the download and you'll find our Sample Apps for Eclipse and Android Studio (they are a good source if you have any doubts)
- Our SDK (.jar file) is in revmob-android-sdk-X.X.X/yourfavouriteIDE/libs (EX: revmob-android-sdk-9.0.6/android-studio-sample/libs)
- Add the revmob.jar into your project in your libs directory (you can create a new folder if you don't have it - follow our SampleApp's structure)
- Android Studio: Right-click the revmob.jar file on Android Studio and "add as library" (if you can't find it, go to your project explorer, click on the box that says "Android" and select "Project" - see image on the right)
- Eclipse: Right-click the revmob.jar file on Eclipse, select Build Path > Add to Build Path.
Here's where we'll use the Media ID you got in the Sign Up session.
In your AndroidManifest.xml file add the following code inside the <manifest></manifest> tag.
<!-- Required --> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/> <application> <!-- RevMob Media ID --> <meta-data android:name="com.revmob.app.id" android:value="copy_your_RevMob_Media_ID_here"/> </application>
This ad unit is even simpler to integrate than the Native Link. Internally, it is almost the same case, but the advantage is that there is no need to write any extra code, only include the button inside your XML file:
<com.revmob.ads.button.RevMobButton android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="38dp" android:layout_margin="5dp" android:text="<Button text (this field can be null)>" android:background="@drawable/button3"/> <!-- Replace for any background you want (e.g. @drawable/image) -->
If you want to make it dynamically, see Native Link.
If you have any issues integrating RevMob SDK, take a look at our SDK Forum.
There you can find other developers' questions & answers that may help you out.
If your problem is a new one, in order to speed up the process, please attach on your post the console logs printed by the following command (it's a summary of your environment information).
RevMob revmob = RevMob.start(this, REVMOB_APP_ID); revmob.printEnvironmentInformation(this);